Saturday, January 24, 2009
Bipartisanship - Obama Style


So how do you get politicians from both sides of the aisle to come together? And if you're a president, how do you get those in the opposing party to want to listen to you and respect you?

If you're Obama, you do a little something like this:

~Condescend to those you want to mend fences with and make a jab at one of the opposing party's favorite radio personalities.
"President Obama warned Republicans on Capitol Hill today that they need to quit listening to radio king Rush Limbaugh if they want to get along with Democrats and the new administration."

~If all else fails, rub your win in your opponents' face. That will surely win them over!
"That wasn't Obama's only jab at Republicans today. While discussing the stimulus package with top lawmakers in the White House's Roosevelt Room, President Obama shot down a critic with a simple message.

'I won,' he said, according to aides who were briefed on the meeting. 'I will trump you on that.'

Maybe he's just flummoxed that not everyone is suckered in by the "Cult of Personality:" (Update: Looks like Obamans went after this video too. Skip the one below and try the one on the very bottom instead. And be careful if you say something bad about Obama. You too might get censored.)





Name: BlondeBlogger
Location: Virginia,
United States

I'm a 36-year-old, homeschooling mom to three kids and I've been married to my husband Rob for 19 years.
I am a conservative in liberal's clothing. I love to have fun and I'm open-minded and tolerant. Learn more here!

Want to contact me?
I'd love to hear
your comments!
Send them here

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from BlondeBlogger. Make your own badge here.


Link back to me!
Put this button on your page